- In response to the loss of staff due to state budget cuts, OSDH will be funding 2 case management positions at ACIS. (One in OKC, one in Tulsa.)
Be the Change
- Still offering transportation assistance in the OKC metro area. To schedule, call
- Also still offering moving assistance. During the busy summer season, BTC conducted 10 moves between 7/21 and 8/16, with 3 more scheduled after that.
IDI Clinic @ OUHSC
- Reminder that FreshLife farmers market occurs on the 3rd Friday of the month at RAIN. Clients must be referred by case manager or the IDI dietitian, Jussara. For more info, contact her at (405) 271-8001 x38214 or by email.
- Andy & Jussara attending the federal Ryan White conference; will present on their nutritional program.
- Currently referring clients to OU College of Dentistry for dental care. Must be medical patients at the IDI Clinic to be eligible.
- Job openings:
- Case Manager (requires MSW)
- Nurse Practitioner
- Front desk admin staff
- Currently hiring a legal secretary (will be shared with other areas within LASO, not just the HIV project)
- Provided information regarding hepatitis C and their new medication, Zepatier. They also provided an informational handout on hepatitis C (contains no medication-branded information) is available for download here.
Oklahoma AIDS Care Fund
- Save the date: Red Tie Night will be March 4, 2017 at the Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.
- Michi Medley, Government & Community Liaison, is organizing the Oklahoma HIV/AIDS Advocacy Coalition, which is dedicated to creating opportunities for service providers, citizens, and lawmakers to become more aware of HIV issues that are critically important to Oklahomans. For more info, contact Michi at (405) 348-6600 or by email.
OK Primary Care Association / ACA Navigators
- Marketplace Open Enrollment begins November 1st. Applicants can schedule an appointment with a Navigator in advance to do their initial setup and help speed up the process once the enrollment window officially opens.
- Remember: Anytime during the year that there is a loss of insurance due to job loss or job change, it creates a "qualifying event" window of 60 days where the person can enroll in the Marketplace.
- Provided handout with info regarding their need for office space for enrollment assistance and a job opening based at Mary Mahoney for an Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator.
Oklahoma State Department of Health
- 2 new DIS hired in Tulsa; still hiring for OKC
- Jennifer Gosnell, Health Educator, has accepted a new position at Tinker AFB. OSDH is currently interviewing candidates to refill her position.
- If you would like to join the Linkage to Care task force, contact Regina.
- New HIV & STD fact sheets (2014 data) are available on the OSDH website here.
- OSDH has plenty of condoms and lubricant available.
- Organization of volunteers for Thanksgiving will start soon. More details in Sept/Oct.
- Still seeking case manager for Lawton office. Requires Bachelor's degree.
- Dental funding will re-open in a few weeks. Kathy will notify case managers when it does.
- Free HIV testing offered at Straka Terrace location on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 2-7pm.
- New VarietyCare clinic is now open at OSU-OKC. (Clinical services from their NW 10th & Portland location are being moved to this new location.)
World AIDS Day
- Reminder that WAD is December 1st.
- Andy is collecting information about various WAD events around the city/state. All info will be compiled and shared on the OKC AIDS Coalition calendar.