[NOTE: OKC AIDS Coalition meetings are held at 2:00pm on the 3rd Tuesday of every month, usually at Expressions, but the location may vary. All are welcome to join; please see the end of post for exact date and location of next meeting. Minutes will be sent out in the monthly newsletter as well as posted here a few days after each meeting. This post will be updated with any relevant changes/corrections.]
OKDHS AIDS Coordination & Information Services (ACIS)
- Summer cooling assistance program begins 7/19. Funding is limited. Clients can apply online (okdhslive.org) or in-person at their county DHS office (must bring electricity bill).
Be The Change
- Still accepting referrals for volunteer services. Paula may call case managers to verify clients' eligibility status.
- Ground Floor and YES programs continue to grow.
- New young adult group for 18-25 year olds is starting. Will be housed at Expressions (as are Ground Floor and YES).
Expressions Community Center
- Expanding services by offering new young adult group (see above).
- Jenny is now a part-time HOPWA case manager. She is being added in addition to whose time is split between HOPWA and employment services.
- Jenny's contact info: 778-6383 (office) and 703-9078 (fax).
Homeless Alliance / Housing Opportunities for People With AIDS (HOPWA)
- Please send all HOPWA referrals to Gustavo first, and then he will assign them out.
Latino Community Development Agency (LCDA)
- Currently interviewing candidates for Director of Health Programs position.
- LCDA is now only able to provide transportation assistance for new positives' 1st medical appointment. They are no longer able to provide transportation for other appointments.
- Still hosting 2 support groups, one for women and one for MSMs. Both are Spanish-speaking groups.
- Announced hiring of social worker Raechelle Reed! She completed her internship and now joins Lark & Barbi as full-time staff in the HIV project.
Oklahoma AIDS Care Fund (OACF)
- Michi Medley promoted to Government and Community Relationships Liaison.
- Announced hiring of Lany Milner as Special Events Coordinator.
- HIV Networking Luncheon will be August 26th @ Expressions.
- Red Tie Night will be March 4, 2017 at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum!
- HIV Advocacy Day at the State Capitol will be held in the spring. Details coming soon.
Oklahoma Primary Care Association / ACA Marketplace Navigators
Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) HIV/STD Service
- Oklahoma HIV & Hepatitis Planning Council (OHHPC) meets on Aug 8th. Seeking to collaborate with YWCA to improve awareness and prevention of domestic and partner violence.
OUHSC Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
- Next available medical appointments are as follows:
- Virtually same-day for new patient labs
- 1 month out for initial intake with PharmD/Case Manager
- 2 months out for initial clinic appt with medical provider
- Currently interviewing Nurse Practitioner and Medical Case Manager applicants. Hope to have both filled within a month. Additional NP will add significant capacity to see new patients.
- New physician fellow, Dr. Janki Amin, will be starting in clinic in August.
- FreshLife, a free farmers market for people living with HIV, is held monthly at 2:00pm on the 3rd Friday of the month. Clients must be referred by a case manager or by the IDI dietitian, Jussara Madrid. You can contact her at email@example.com or by phone at (405) 271-8001 x38214.
- Andy & Jussara will be presenting on the IDI's nutrition program at the Ryan White All Grantee Meeting in Washington, D.C. next month. Data about the program will also be shared by at the US Conference on AIDS, the American Public Health Association annual conference, and the Oklahoma Public Health Association annual conference.
Other Options, Inc.
- Reminder that HOPWA services are no longer being offered at Other Options; please contact Gustavo.
- Still seeking a case manager for the Lawton office